Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

A few questions for Mitchell Maxwell

A couple of weeks ago I reviewed Little Did I Know by Mitchell Maxwell. Today he is back for a little Q&A session:

·         What is your daily routine as a writer?   I think about what I am going to write throughout the day so when I sit in front of the computer the words have been pre-written in my head.

·         What inspired you to write your first book?  A need to revisit joy and spontaneity and lose cynicism

·         If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book? Yes but I can only tell you after you have read the novel otherwise it will give too much away

·         What is your favorite part of the writing process?  Surprise as to where my characters go how they react  to situations and how they grow in ways I never imagined.  I also like to find new words to say things in a fresh fashion.

·         As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?  I baseball star but I couldn’t hit a curveball.  To follow my passions.  To leave my fingerprint on the planet.  To listen and to change lives.  Offer help put my beliefs ahead of my wants.  To succeed.  To find respect rather than be liked –if I had to choose.  To find a few special persons who believed in me and not disappoint them.   Be me but with a little less angst, perhaps more hair and a bigger savings account

·         How much, and what kinds of, research went into creating this novel?  Very little, dates, exact names a bit of history but this book is my early coming of age days and was inspired by truths so my research was to revisit memory

·         Is there a specific element in your writing that you find most challenging?  To say things to the reader that I find of value without sounding didactic.  To keep things fresh and humorous and descriptive.  I am not writing about big things but it is the little things that make each life special and memorable.  I hope my readers will remember something a character said and use it in their journey.  That would be special.

2 comments:

  1. Choosing the right punctuation marks to use is a less difficult thing to do than knowing the exact place and time to use it. Some can get confused as to where to place it exactly. If you are one of those who gets confused with the correct placement of punctuation marks, then the online punctuation checker can be such a big help to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book is a source of attaching a teacher with student. They keep join on the behalf of book. They use book for their purpose of getting education. We keep joint with activates regarding your writing material. click here

    ReplyDelete