Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

It's Monday, what's on the cover?


It's Monday, what's on the cover? The cover of Unbroken by Jamie Lisa Forbes is gorgeous. A single tree in the midst of a snowy field. Despite all the snow around it that tree is still surviving. The book centers on ranch life. I'm halfway through, and I have a deep respect for people who do that kind of work. It's so hard. I don't think I could ever do it. A review will be posted tomorrow.


Another snowy cover!! Comeback Love by Peter Golden is a love story. Those two people on the cover have found each other again after decades apart. They're taking a long walk together during a snowstorm. Will they rekindle their love? I don't know yet. I've just started the book. But that is another pretty picture. As cold as it might be, the cover looks very romantic. It's like they are the only two people in the world.


The Land of Decoration by Grace McCleen is definitely different. A young girl is narrating the end of days. What does the snowflake have to do with it? I'm not sure. The cover seems very childlike. Stay tuned.


Another mystery book on my reading pile. So Damn Lucky is the third book in the series by Deborah Coonts. I have the second book (Lucky Stiff), but haven't read it yet. Hopefully that won't matter. That's an unusual charm bracelet on the cover. A space ship, cards and a money sign. They don't really go together do they? I'm guessing our gal Lucky has another unusual murder case on her hand. A magician has died performing his act. Was it an accident or a murder?


I have great respect for anyone in a customer service job. Flight attendants are no exception. Cruising Attitude by Heather Poole gives a funny take on life in the "friendly" skies. That woman on the cover seems to have a devilish smile. She's going to dish on the good, the bad, and the ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment