As you might have guessed, I have returned from vacation. I was in Ghana for 10 days. I loved it and I will have a recap, with photos, in a couple of days. Being gone for 10 days, resulted in a lot of e-mails to return and ..... lots of books on my doorstep. Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Cindy of Tynga's Reviews. Given my issues with The Story Siren, I decided to participate with this meme. It's all about sharing the books that you're adding to your shelves. Here is what was waiting for me when I returned:
- The Lost Button by Irene Rozdobudko and The Time of Women by Elena Chizhova are my first foray into Ukrainian and Russian literature.
- The Gap Year by Sarah Bird is a mother-daughter story.
- Justice at Cardwell Ranch by B.J. Daniels is a suspenseful romance.
- The Nightingale Girls by Donna Douglas is about three young trainee nurses in 1930s London.
- The Orphan Master's Son by Adam Johnson has been on my list for a while. I'm reading this as part of a blog tour.
- The Laugterhouse by Paul Cleave and Shunning Sarah by Julie Kramer are murder mysteries!! I'm a sucker for them.
- The Sweetness of Forgetting by Kristin Harmel is about family, lost love and baking.