Friday, January 7, 2011

First hop of the new year!!

Book Blogger Hop

Every week Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books (http://www.crazy-for-books.com/) hosts a blog hop. Put your link in, post a comment and you can discover a lot of great blogs. The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week. This week's question/task: What book influenced or changed your life? How did it influence/change you? I can think of two books that fit into that category. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith and The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. Both books make you appreciate what you have because someone always has it worse than you. I was disturbed by Walls' family life. I just couldn't fathom how parents could sacrifice the well-being of their children for their own happiness. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn also gave me a deep appreciation for reading. Francie Nolan didn't have a lot, but like me could always get lost in a book.
Here are some blogs I came across:
http://booksofamber.blogspot.com/
http://mimosastimulus.blogspot.com/
http://booksturnbrains.blogspot.com/
http://anabundanceofbooks.blogspot.com/
Notes: Take a look at the tabs at the top to take part in my What's Up Tweeps?! feature and to enter my giveaway for Delirious by Daniel Palmer. Upcoming reviews include Before I Fall, The Secret Life of Sandrina M, Delirious and Life. Happy reading!!

11 comments:

  1. Happy Blog Hop! This is actually my first time "hopping", and I came across your blog. I read some of your older posts - TOTALLY agree with you on Palin and O'Donnell!

    Anyways, have a great weekend, looking forward to your future posts! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah! Thanks for following. I just figured out how to link some of my older posts, thanks for looking. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! Hopping by! I love the answers to this week’s question.
    I have a huge prize pack giveaway at the blog. A contest reminder is included in my book blogger hop post. I hope you drop by!
    Here’s my post.

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will probably come of something as a surprise but the book that changed/influenced my life (more than any other) is a non-fiction book. I know we all focus on novels and the fanciful fiction we love to read but The Four Work Week is the book that gets all the credit. I know the title sounds fictional but it really isn’t. Hop over to my blog and find out why – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Happy Book Blogger Hop Day!


    Howard A. Sherman

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked A Tree Grows In Brooklyn too, although it was depressing at points. Anyway, just hopping by on the blog hop and wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know A Tree Grows in Brooklyn isn't exactly uplifting material, but it's a book I've always loved. Thanks to everyone for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping through. I loved A Tree Grows In Brooklyn and Glass Castle too!
    Happy weekend!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. Books can really leave a mark in our lives. To read what that book is in my life, come visit me at Clandestine Sanctuary.

    Dropping by via the hop. I am a old follower. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute header...first-time visitor.

    Stopping by from the blog hop...

    Happy New Year....

    My answer is at: http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diana Gabaldon's "OUTLANDER" did it for me. I cannot stop reading since I read her books last October. She is the reason why I started blogging about books. Have a super weekend. I am your newest follower. Come and visit me at www.mandysescape.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard of Diana Gabaldon, but haven't read her stuff yet. Thanks for the follow Mandy. I'm off to check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...