Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Hop, hop, hop!!!

Book Blogger Hop
Every week Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books (http://www.crazy-for-books.com/) hosts a blog hop. Put your link in, post a comment and you can discover a lot of great blogs. The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week. This week's question/task: What are you reading now and why are you reading it? I shouldn't read so much at a time, but I'm reading four books right now.


Passport through Darkness: A True Story of Danger and Second ChancesMad LoveLifeGirl, Stolen (Christy Ottaviano Books)

I'm reading Mad Love by Suzanne Selfors, Life by Keith Richards, Girl Stolen by April Henry and Passport Through Darkness by Kimberly L. Smith. I'm reading Mad Love and Passport Through Darkness because the e-mail pitches sounded interesting. I've been reading about Keith Richards for several weeks now, it's just hard for me to get through a 600+ page book. I won Girl, Stolen on Goodreads.com. The cover of Girl, Stolen looked interested, so I was glad I won.

Here are some blogs I came across:

Note: I'm looking for takers for my What's Up Tweeps?! feature. Here is February's question:  James Frey is fleecing budding writers. Frey has created a publishing company, where students co-write novels with him for as little as $500, $250 or in some cases nothing. The bulk of the work is done by the students. Frey has "some" input. This is done on the premise that book will eventually become a bestseller, and then they reap the benefits. They've already achieved that with one book, "I am Number Four." Is Frey merely trying to help or is he robbing impressionable college students blind? Email responses to bookangel224@gmail.com Entries are open until Feb. 18. Happy reading everyone!  

15 comments:

  1. I love your blog background and header :) super cute and I seen the mad love book somewhere..I think on goodreads.com but newest follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the follow. I hope to have a reviw of Mad Love up by Valentine's Day. I loved the blog design when I saw it, but it will change (knock wood) in April just in time for my one-year anniversary. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can never have four books going at one time! I feel bad even just having two! I tend to get the plots mixed up haha! Happy Friday!

    Here's my hop and weekly round-up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I love reading multiple books at a time. I really enjoyed Girl, Stolen and hope you do too.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen some of your book choices and want to read them!

    Here's MY HOP POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I can usually only do one book at a time, unless one is fiction and one is nonfiction.
    bethfred.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two books at a time used to be my limit, but since I started my blog I had to increase. The Keith Richards book has taken a backseat to some other. I hope to finish it sometime. I'm off to check out your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have GIRL STOLEN to read here at some point. I think the cover is very striking.

    Hopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good answer! The answer on my book blog is a little embarassing; it’s a book that’s been sitting on my TBR pile for a year.

    To my shame, I only opened the book because I remember it contained an Amazon gift card.

    All the sordid details on my book blog – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Hop on over!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute blog. I'm a new follower. I haven't heard of any of your books. Thanks for introducing me to something new.

    Tevya @ Reading Lark

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the follow Tevya. I'm off to check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hopping by to say hi! I see you've got Fallen Grace by Mary Hooper, I loved it. Mary Hooper is lovely too, she came to my school this week. I hope you enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopping by to say have a great weekend!

    New Follower :)

    Lu
    http://quickquotesquills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the follow Lu. I'm off to look at your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just stopping by via the hop! Thought I would say hello.

    I like you blog and I am your newest follower.

    Rachel
    And the plot thickens...

    ReplyDelete