Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2014

BookExpo America: I will miss you this year!



I have come to a decision. As much as I want to, I can't go to BookExpo America this year. In previous years past BEA has been a great experience for me.





For the past four years, the coming of spring meant I would get to meet interesting people, sit in on interesting panels, and get A LOT of great books.

But a lot of things have changed for me in the past four years. I was laid off at the end of 2011, leaving me to wonder what the next chapter would be for me. I have always been a big time bookworm, so I decided to go back to school. Getting accepted into a Masters program for book publishing was a big triumph for me. If I didn't get into grad school, I didn't have a backup plan. Fortunately, I did not need one. Career-wise, things have finally started to turn around for me. After three internships, the last one has turned into a full-time position. Can you imagine how I felt after hearing I had been hired?


A new job, also comes with new choices. I really, really, really, want to go to BEA, but it's too early for me to be taking time off. I have a lot to learn about my new position. So......maybe next year BEA. (update: Aisha I see your comment!! Thank you! I guess with all the extra stuff in this post, it's hard for me to comment in the section below!) 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new job. You can still get a few of the books on edelweiss and netgalkey, and armchair BEA Spyglass be good too. Just think next year you might be at the expo to rep your company

    ReplyDelete