Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Please welcome Jennifer Coburn !!

Here are a few questions I had for Jennifer Coburn, author of We'll Always Have Paris.
A review of the book will be posted tomorrow!



The cover is so cute, did you get to have input on the cover?

I didn’t have any input, but I absolutely love the cover.

If you had to do it over again, is there anything you would change? Travel to a different city? Wait until Katie was older? Etc.

I have very few regrets, but I do have two, both from our Italy trip. And both regrets were over what I didn’t do, which I think is a good thing for me to remember.

When Katie and I were in Florence, I skipped the Gucci-Prada factory tour, and I can’t imagine what I was thinking! I could have gotten some real steals, but I was so scared of overspending that I didn’t even go. I wish I’d given myself a little more credit. Surely I could have limited my spending. Then a week later in Venice, I decided not to buy tickets to see Elton John in San Marco Square. For the life of me I can’t imagine why I was so stingy. Katie and I now use the term “Elton John” for a situation when you should buy something, but don’t and will surely regret it later. I was looking at some jeans recently and when I put them back on the rack, Katie asked, “Are you sure this isn’t an Elton John situation?”

Which destination was your favorite and why?

I think I liked Florence the best because the city is so walkable – and every day was a new surprise. On our way to see Michelangelo’s David at the Academia, we came across a music school that was conducting final exams for opera students. We spent the next two hours watching twentysomethings with pierced eyebrows and Motley Crue t-shirts singing Puccini. And the David … gasp!

Does your husband feel left out of this bonding time or does he like having the house to himself?

I think he enjoyed his time alone at home. He did a lot of hiking and spending time with friends.

On a lighter note, do you still have kitchen envy? Or are you ok with all the traveling you and Katie have done?

In an ideal world I could have my beautiful kitchen and travel, but I feel I made the right choice for us. We have a beautiful home because there’s a lot of laughter and joy. But we also have a ton of repairs to make still.

In five words or less how would you describe your travels with Katie?

Lessons from a young Buddha.

No comments:

Post a Comment