Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

In my mailbox: B&N sale edition

Don't Tell a SoulSpeak (Platinum Edition)  WillowWildthorn

Love Drugged
In my Mailbox is a weekly meme by Kristi at The Story Siren (http://www.thestorysiren.com/)Last week I was flipping through twitter and saw several posts about a Barnes and Noble sale. A sale of any kind is just trouble for me, I can't resist. I've learned to resist clothing sales simply because they cost more. But books are a whole different animal. I spent less than $30, so I felt I was a smart shopper.

Bought:

Don't Tell a Soul by David Rosenfelt -- I have no idea what this one is about. I know it's a mystery. I bought it simply so I could get the free shipping!


Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson -- I don't believe in banning books, EVER!! I saw several newspaper articles about this book being banned. I had never heard of it, and I decided I need to read it.

Willow by Julia Hoban -- Amazon.com always recommends books for me, so how could I resist the $2.99 price on Barnes and Noble.com ?

Love Drugged by James Klise -- I saw this on The Story Siren, and I thought it was interesting.

Wildthorn by Jane Eagland -- Again this is one I saw on The Story Siren. I didn't even know what it was about. The cover attracted me more than anything.

Girl, StolenWon:
Sugar Tower
Girl Stolen by April Henry -- I totally forgot I entered a giveaway for this on GoodReads.com. That cover made me think there is a story there. A blind girl abducted and struggling to survive.

For review:

Sugar Tower by Jessica Dee Rohm -- I received a pitch e-mail on this one a few weeks ago. A real estate murder mystery, I'm always a sucker for a murder mystery. A review and blog Q&A will be posted on Nov. 12. Stay tuned!!

What did everyone else get?

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for reviewing Sugar Tower! If you like it, I will send you Make Me an Offer and The Secret Life of Sandrina M., my previous two novels, to review as well. You are a book angel! Jessica Rohm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sale?! What sale… *scurries to find the sale*… Wildthorn, and Girl Stolen, you lucky thing, you!
    If you want to know what I got in my mailbox this week, check out my blog here-
    http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/2010/10/imm-6.html
    Blessings,
    Gabrielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sale was last week. I almost missed it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great books! I thought Speak was amazing and touching and heart-breaking. I hope you enjoy it. My mailboxes are here and here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love finding all those bargain books? I had a field day on Amazon Kindle as you can tell from my IMMB. Have a fun week reading!

    Come by and see my experimental IMMB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, Stolen was really good and I've been wanting to read Wildthorn! I saw the BN sale, too---I don't know how I resisted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, you got some good books this week! I really want to read Wildthorn and Speak was amazing! Hope you enjoy all your new books :)

    Here's what I got in my mailbox this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete