Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

What's up Tweeps?! No. 1

Like my "professional" looking photo? I say professional because I made it at 2am on my laptop!! It needs work. Maybe next month it will be better. I wanted to introduce a new feature on my blog. "What's up Tweeps?!" will be a monthly feature. Hopefully in the future, I can make it weekly. It won't always be about books. Sometimes it will be whatever nonsense is in my head. There is a lot of nonsense in my head. For instance, I am writing this in the aftermath of the Yankees' 10-3 loss in Game 3. I went on my Facebook page and left a somewhat snarky comment about it on my OWN PAGE!  It was meant to be fun, but one Facebook friend took it rather hard. He'll get over it, and if not, SO WHAT!!

Back to the business at hand, "What's up Tweeps?!" The first question that came to mind is: Why do you follow book blogs? I wanted honesty, and I got it from Len of Musings of a Reader Happy (http://maidenveil.blogspot.com/) and Amy of Amy Reads (http://amckiereads.wordpress.com/).

Len: Initially I follow blogs as part of contest entries, but later on I get to discover blogs which interests me and some I think are really fun. 

Amy: I read book blogs because I love getting new recommendations and getting a chance to hear what others liked or didn't like about books. I like being able to compare my reading experience to that of others. I also think book bloggers are some of the absolutely nicest people I've met, so there is that too!

Now what about me? I'll be honest some blogs I follow for contest entries. I know it's bad, but who doesn't love a free book? Some I follow because the bloggers are just so funny and insightful. I have to echo Amy on the next reason. I like to compare what other bloggers thought about a particular book. Did they have similar thoughts as me? Did they like it? Why or why not? I've also learned about some books I never knew about. What about the rest of you?

Next month's question: I guess this one is geared toward bloggers, but if you're a writer or you think it applies to you feel free to answer. As a blogger, have you found your writing voice yet? If so how long did it take you? E-mail response to me at bookangel224@gmail.com. Entries are open until Nov. 14.

2 comments:

  1. I think the logo is cute :) Glad to see you got a couple of responses. I love the series idea! I have to say that my staggering tbr pile has me for the most part avoiding contests these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a better logo done, but when I uploaded it came in too small!! I did this one at 2:30 in the morning. I might change it next month or change it every month. Who knows. Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete