Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Hop, hop, hop !!

Book Blogger Hop

Every week Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books hosts a blog hop. Put your link in, post a comment and you can discover a lot of great blogs. The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week. This week's question/task: Are you going to BookExpo America (BEA) and/or Book Blogger Convention (BBC) this year? YES YES YES YES. I'm so excited. I never get the allure of people coming to New York City and going gaga over this city because I've lived here all my life. But sometimes living in NYC has some perks, and going to BEA and BBC is one of them. Last year I found out too late to get the full BEA experience. I went to BBC and the last day of BEA. This year I'm going all three days the exhibit hall is open and I'm going to BBC.
 
I keep looking on the BEA web site to see who will be there and when. In a few days I'm actually going to sit down and plan out my three days. There are so many author signings and talks I want to go to. I want to meet Maureen Johnson, L.A. Weatherly, Cindy Pon and Kristan Higgins just to name a few. There are talks about online book discovery, audiobooks, and YA book buzz.
 
I made sure to get the time off from work in January. I didn't have the money then, but I knew I would eventually. When I did have the money, I did a cartwheel. I even did a post on tips for attending BEA. I fully intend to follow my own advice. I'm not a morning person, so the author breakfasts are out, but hopefully there are still some tickets for the tea. I'm not attending on the first day, because I hear it's mostly ceremonial. Seriously, May 24 can't come soon enough!! How about you guys, who is going?
 
Here are some blogs I came across:
 
Note: I'm looking for takers for my What's Up Tweeps?! feature. May's question: This is for you YA readers out there. It seems so many YA books are part of a series. Do you get tired of all the series? Ever wish something could stand alone? Entries are open until May 26. E-mail entries to bookangel224@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. Hope you have fun! If I lived in NYC I'd be there in a heartbeat, but I don't live there.
    Shan

    Curled Up With a Good Book and a Cup of Tea

    Faith Filled Reading, my new Christian book blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I'm so jealous! *Sigh* I hope you do get to meet Kristan Higgins so I can hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! Years ago, I lived in N.J. If I still did, I'd definitely find a way to get to the BEA. But now getting there would be more of a project. So it's not happening this year. But someday...
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read Kristan's new book, I think she's signing her next one. I'm excited. It's getting closer and closer. Some publishers have cocktail parties for bloggers too. I'm so glad this year I get to have the full experience.

    ReplyDelete