Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

It's Monday, what's on the cover?

Faith: A Novel

Back to familiar territory with this latest pick. What am I talking about? Family drama. It's time to read about another family in crisis. Faith by Jennifer Haigh tells the story of the McGann family. Sheila returns to Boston just when her older brother, a pastor, is in the midst of public scandal. I can only think of one thing when it's comes to the "scandal" part. I won't say it to keep it PG, but I'm sure a lot of you know what I'm talking about. The cover is full of loving family pictures, but will this family come closer together or farther apart? Can't wait to find out ! I'm reading this as part of a tour with TLC Book Tours. A review will be posted on May 23.

The Lightkeeper's Ball (A Mercy Falls Novel)

Judging by the outfit by the woman on the cover, I'm headed back in time. Possibly the 1800s? The Lightkeeper's Ball by Colleen Coble comes to me courtesy of The B&B Media Group. A young woman travels to California to find out the truth about her sister's death. Was it natural or murder? Hmmmmmmmm?!

Notes: A review of Wicked Bugs by Amy Stewart will be posted on Tuesday, and a review of Declaring Spinsterhood by Jamie Lynn Braziel will be posted on Thursday. I'm looking for takers for my What's Up Tweeps?! feature. May's question: This is for you YA readers out there. It seems so many YA books are part of a series. Do you get tired of all the series? Ever wish something could stand alone? Entries are open until May 26. E-mail entries to bookangel224@gmail.com

1 comment: