Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

It's Monday, what's on the cover?


The woman on that cover looks happy and ready to have a picnic in the park. Not someone about to dish out rules on eating and cooking. Food Rules: An Eater's Manual by Michael Pollan is making me think differently about food. This new edition of the book comes with beautiful illustrations by Maira Kalman. I won't go into full details today because a review will be posted on Thursday. But one rule that sticks out at me is, "Don't eat cereals that change the color of the milk." Darn!!! I used to like Froot Loops as a kid. Now, I like Special K Red Berries. The strawberries in that cereal change the color of the milk!! But at one time those strawberries were fresh so it's Ok right? Who knows. In the meantime take a look at this....

No comments:

Post a Comment