Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: The Cobwebs are forming

Top Ten Tuesday is an original weekly feature from The Broke and the Bookish. This week's list is right up my alley. What are the top 10 book that have been on my shelf for the longest time? This could easily be the top 100 books on my shelf that are sporting cobwebs. I have sooooooooo many books that I want to read, but there just aren't enough hours in the day.

1. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling: Ok, I know this is seven books, but an exception has to be made. I ordered the hardcover boxset nearly a year ago. I have long felt like I was out of the loop when it comes to Harry Potter ... and I still feel out of the loop. The books and the fancy box it came in are collecting dust in my closet. I have no idea when I'm going to get to them. The day will come.


2. Room by Emma Donoghue: I know this one is rather lonesome. I bought this book and a couple others as a birthday present to myself. It's about a mother who has managed to create a world for her 5-year-old son Jack in one room. I ordered it as soon as I could, but I have never cracked the spine. The book looks brand new.


3. Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult: I went to her book signing earlier this year. I did read the first 60 pages while I waited for the start. I managed to read the first 60 pages, but the book signing was in March and I haven't been back to the book since. I'm a huge fan, and I will get to it.

4. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin: I went to her reading at BookExpo America and it was heavily hyped at another panel at BEA. The story sounds awesome. A girl who wakes up in a hospital with no memory of who she is and has to glue the pieces of her past back together.

5. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor: This was another heavily hyped book at BEA. I made sure to get on the line early for a copy of her book. But BEA was in May, and it's now the middle of November. There just aren't enough hours in the day.

6. Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins: When the last book came out I saw a flurry of talk about it on Twitter. Just like with Harry Potter, I felt out of the loop. See #2, this set of books was also apart of that Amazon.com order from SEPTEMBER of 2010!!


7. Annabel by Kathleen Winter: I saw a review of this one on another blog. I was intrigued. A young boy is raised male despite being born with female genitalia. It takes place during the late 1960s. It sounds like a great book. I believe I bought it last April when a Long Island Borders went out of business. I got it on sale, so that was the great part.

8. Delirium by Lauren Oliver: I loved Before I Fall. I bought Delirium without even knowing what the book was about. I got another copy at BEA, which she signed.

9. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: I had no idea this was a YA book until I found it in the YA section.

10. Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson: Seriously, this list could go on. I love Joshilyn Jackson's books. They are full of Southern sassy humor. I'm sure this one is no different.

6 comments:

  1. You have lots of amazing books on your list! I really loved Room, Daughter of Smoke and Bone, and The Hunger Games. Delirium was also another really good book. Hopefully you get time to get to them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Book Thief is very good! And, yeah, Room . . . I gotta get to that one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your list and hope you get to these books soon - as in ASAP :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Room has been the best and most unusual book I've read this year - it's really excellent!
    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Room seems to be on a lot of lists. If it were my job just to read and review books, I would be able to get to so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must read The Hunger Games & Harry Potter! Both are wonderful series. However, I personally feel like the time will come when you'll feel like it's right to read them :)

    ReplyDelete