Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Where have I been lately?


Normally, this blog is all about books and book-related content. But today I feel I have to get something off my chest. I'm going to unload a little personal information right now. I haven't posted in a while? If you look at that picture, I think you can guess why. If blogging could be my full-time job, I would be the happiest person alive. Who knows maybe it will one day. But presently my mind has been running a mile a minute with life issues. I was laid off from my job, and I've been left wondering what next?

I have three more weeks before my last day. After the initial shock, I'm Ok with it. In the short term, it's a problem. How am I going to pay bills? I need new glasses, how am I going to pay for those? Christmas is coming, how am I going to afford gifts? How long does unemployment last? That last part is weighing on my mind the most. I don't know much about the unemployment world. It's uncharted territory for me. Given the economy, I'm not sure what the future holds.

Reading books and writing about them on my blog has always been a happy experience for me. The past week, reading and writing hasn't been my top priority. I'm trying to get my stuff in order before my last day.

Don't worry authors and publicists, all reviews that were arranged with a set date will be honored. Book reviews without a set date will be posted, but it just might take me a little while.

Hopefully, 2012 will start off better than 2011 is ending!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your job loss. Went through the same exact thing this past June. I had no idea about how unemployment worked either. Your state's website should have information on what you need to do, how to apply, how much you're eligible for, etc.

    As for the glasses, do you have health insurance through your job? If so, will that pay for the eye exam? Do you have a flexible spending plan through your job that you can use to pay for the glasses?

    Just a few thoughts. It will work out. I know it doesn't seem like it will right now, but it will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have my health insurance, I intend to milk it as much as possible. But my eyesight is really really really really really bad. Over the years the prescription has been more than the frame. Thanks for the input!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In asking my boss for a letter of recommendation, I found that many people don't know how to write them or what goes into a recommendation letter. So I researched online and put together a small bit of information on how to write and what to put into a recommendation letter.

    ReplyDelete