Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

It's Monday, what's on the cover?

It's Monday, and I am officially unemployed. It's weird knowing that I don't have to get ready for work later. After seven years, I have to find a new career path. Until I do, I'm going to focus on my blog as much as possible. I've been reading some books for a long time, and my personal situation has something to do with that. Also, book reviews that had a set date, I had to put before others. My next reading choice, The Moment by Douglas Kennedy, has a set date (Friday). I have to get moving on that.

So, what's on that cover? When the book arrived I thought the cover was damaged. See those creases? I thought something was wrong with the book. But that's a snapshot of some woman on the cover. I'm not quite sure who she is. The book is told from the male perspective, so I'm wondering why put a woman on the cover? What does she want? Is she longing for someone? The paperback cover is so far removed from the hardcover....

This cover looks old. The paperback looks a little more modern, which is why I like it. What does everyone else think?

No comments:

Post a Comment