Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

It's Monday, .... what's in my suitcase?

Normally on Monday I discuss the covers of books I'm reading. But I'm about to go on vacation. So how about what I'm going to pack. Last week, I was conflicted about what to take. But I have finally come to a decision.

Only Mine (Hqn)  The Secret Lives of the Four Wives: A Novel The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer 
By J.K. Rowling: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Book 1) The Beekeeper's Lament: How One Man and Half a Billion Honey Bees Help Feed America Before I Go to Sleep: A Novel 
Journey Across the Four Seas: A Chinese Woman's Search for Home Sugar in My Bowl: Real Women Write About Real Sex A Stolen Life: A Memoir



Only Mine by Susan Mallery, The Secret Lives of the Four Wives by Lola Shoneyin, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling, The Beekeeper's Lament by Hannah Nordhaus, Before I go to Sleep by S.J. Watson, Journey Across the Four Seas by Veronica Li, Sugar in my Bowl by Erica Jong and A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard. Like clothes, when I go on vacation I like to have more than I need.

What I expect to finish: Only Mine, The Secret Lives of the Four Wives,  Journey Across the Four Seas, and A Stolen Life. If at all possible I want to finish Journey Across the Four Seas before I get on the plane because I'm scheduled to post a review on Friday. If I don't, well you know what I'll be reading during the flight.

A Stolen Life wasn't on my original list, but I saw her interview with Diane Sawyer. I thought I have to read this book NOW!! I was just awestruck how a person could be so articulate and strong after what she went through. When the time comes, I'm not sure I could review it the same way I would another book. She didn't write the book for entertainment. I'm more likely to just give my thoughts on the book.

Hopefully I made some good choices!! How do you guys pick what to take on vacation?

3 comments:

  1. Choosing books for trips is so hard. Looks like some good selections! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to have a balanced mix of fiction and non-fiction. If it were up to me I would take a lot more. But, I don't have enough money to pay the extra costs on the plane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a marketing cover letter it should pique the reader's sense of interest, illustrate the way the applicant understands the advertiser's need and create the desire to find out more. How do they find out more? By inviting you to an interview of course.

    ReplyDelete