Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

Let's hop, hop, hop!!


Book Blogger Hop


Every week Jennifer at Crazy-for-books hosts a blog hop. Put your link in, post a comment and you can discover a lot of great blogs. The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week. This week's question/task: How/Where do you get your books? Do you buy them or go to the library? Is there a certain website you use like paperbackswap? If it's on sale, I usually buy books at Target, Walmart or Borders. Sometimes, if I'm in the area I just go to browse. I will thumb through several books. I come close to buying books a lot lately. But my vacation is coming, and I have put myself on a book buying ban since February. I have received review books here and there. BookExpo America and Book Blogger Con really helped feed my reading addiction. I'm pretty sure I'm going to break that ban in a few days. I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't been in a library in years.  As a teenager, I would go to the library all the time. But back then I had no money and no job. I also read a lot faster then. Now, I'm a slower reader and I prefer to own the book.

Here are some blogs I came across:
The Bursting Bookshelf
Book Light Graveyard
Nicki J Markus

10 comments:

  1. Hi,

    stopping by from the blog hop.

    Have a wonderfull weekend
    Laced Little Muffin's Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Just hopping by and following through.
    I'm sure your loot from BEA and BookBloggerCon will keep you busy for a while

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out
    www.bookdout.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old Follower
    http://thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com/2011/07/were-doing-book-blogger-hop_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get to make it to Book Expo or anything this year but I heard it was amazing! So I'm definitely going to go next year! haha.

    Here's My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Library fines can add up when you can't read a book as fast as you'd like - I am always renewing books for that reason! Just hopping through!

    http://reading2011.blogspot.com/2011/07/book-blogger-hopfollow-friday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to renew books like crazy. I'm not even sure I still have a library card. Going to bookstores is always my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, just blogging by, happy Friday!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/07/book-blogger-hop_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two years ago I started tracking where my books were coming from. Please come see where I get my books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not to worry I haven't been to a library in yonks either. The one in my town has crazy hours and I just can't make it there :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. If they let me keep the books for free I would go to the library all the time! Just yesterday I bought two books after being on a ban since February. But I have a good excuse, vacation is coming.

    ReplyDelete