Friday, July 15, 2011

Let's hop, hop, hop!!


Book Blogger Hop


Every week Jennifer at Crazy-for-books hosts a blog hop. Put your link in, post a comment and you can discover a lot of great blogs. The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week. This week's question/task: How/Where do you get your books? Do you buy them or go to the library? Is there a certain website you use like paperbackswap? If it's on sale, I usually buy books at Target, Walmart or Borders. Sometimes, if I'm in the area I just go to browse. I will thumb through several books. I come close to buying books a lot lately. But my vacation is coming, and I have put myself on a book buying ban since February. I have received review books here and there. BookExpo America and Book Blogger Con really helped feed my reading addiction. I'm pretty sure I'm going to break that ban in a few days. I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't been in a library in years.  As a teenager, I would go to the library all the time. But back then I had no money and no job. I also read a lot faster then. Now, I'm a slower reader and I prefer to own the book.

Here are some blogs I came across:
The Bursting Bookshelf
Book Light Graveyard
Nicki J Markus

12 comments:

  1. Hi,

    stopping by from the blog hop.

    Have a wonderfull weekend
    Laced Little Muffin's Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Just hopping by and following through.
    I'm sure your loot from BEA and BookBloggerCon will keep you busy for a while

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out
    www.bookdout.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old Follower
    http://thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.com/2011/07/were-doing-book-blogger-hop_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get to make it to Book Expo or anything this year but I heard it was amazing! So I'm definitely going to go next year! haha.

    Here's My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Library fines can add up when you can't read a book as fast as you'd like - I am always renewing books for that reason! Just hopping through!

    http://reading2011.blogspot.com/2011/07/book-blogger-hopfollow-friday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stopped by from the blog hop
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to renew books like crazy. I'm not even sure I still have a library card. Going to bookstores is always my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, just blogging by, happy Friday!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/07/book-blogger-hop_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m seeing a pattern of book acquisition here. After all, there are just so many places to get books and so many different ways to read them.

    It’s hard to beat the library for price and selection but it’s even harder to beat the convenience of browsing BN or Amazon from a Nook or Kindle, hitting a button and reading the book you picked in about sixty seconds.

    As usual, my answer to this week’s Book Blogger Hop question is all over the map. Hop on over and read my multipart answer – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two years ago I started tracking where my books were coming from. Please come see where I get my books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not to worry I haven't been to a library in yonks either. The one in my town has crazy hours and I just can't make it there :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. If they let me keep the books for free I would go to the library all the time! Just yesterday I bought two books after being on a ban since February. But I have a good excuse, vacation is coming.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...