Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

It's Monday, what's on the cover?

Journey Across the Four Seas: A Chinese Woman's Search for Home

Every Monday I discuss the covers of books I'm reading. I'm still reading Trance of Insignificance by Jennifer Rainville. A review and Q&A will be posted on Friday.

The latest book on my reading pile is Journey Across the Four Seas: A Chinese Woman's Search for Home by Veronica Li. It's been awhile since I've read a memoir. This is the story of Li's mother, Flora. How she overcame poverty, fought to have an education, and how she kept her family together. The woman on that cover looks hopeful, and somewhat happy. Hard to tell of any strife in her life. I'm excited about this one. It's always good to read about other cultures.

1 comment:

  1. Instruction help the instructors to make uplifting dispositions for the moderate learners and educator ought to attempt to comprehend the level of capacity of each understudy of his class and give training on equivalent premise.visit the site

    ReplyDelete