Friday, June 24, 2011

Let's hop, hop, hop !!!

Book Blogger Hop

Every week Jennifer at 
Crazy-for-books hosts a blog hop. Put your link in, post a comment and you can discover a lot of great blogs. The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week. This week's question/task: When did you realize reading was your passion and a truly important part of your life? Good question!! I'd have to say kindergarten. I can remember reading in front of the class and the mayor of NYC (at the time) David Dinkins. He was complimenting me on my reading skills. Ever since then I've always had a book nearby. As I got older, trips to the library were at the top of my list rather than going to the candy store. I always came back with an armful of books. Nowadays, it's trips to bookstores that are top priority.

Here are some blogs I came across:
A Writer's Review
A Glass of Wine
A Book Addict's Haven

9 comments:

  1. My early bookish memories all seem to revolve around my local library- even now when I go in there I get a little bit excited about what I might find! :) Found you through the hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me it's become the bookstore where I get excited. I like to own the book for good, despite what it might do to my wallet. I should probably get back to the library.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When did I first realize I loved reading? I wish I could prove a pre-natal predilection towards books but my memories don’t stretch back quite that far.

    The earliest memories I can recall involved books. First having them read to me then reading them on my own the minute I had the ability.

    Books have been a major part of my life ever since. My passion for the written word knowing no bounds, I started writing books on top of reading them about ten years ago.

    Want to know what my favorite childhood book was? Hop on over to my blog and find out: http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard Sherman, Implementor
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - a week isn't complete without a trip to the bookstore. And then I stop off at the candy store ;)

    http://thebookgatherer.blogspot.com/2011/06/book-blogger-hop-when-reading-became.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I realized how important books had become in my life in 1999. Come see what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just dropping by from the hop...
    That is so cool that you got to show off your reading skills in front of the mayor! As a kid that would have made me so ecstatic. :)
    I think I really got into books in elementary school as well.
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember reading sessions in walnut preschool, too. The passion for books could start really early!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by via the Book Blogger Hop. I'm a new follower.
    Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The consensus seems to be childhood. If you get the reading bug early it sticks for a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...