Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

It's Monday, what's on the cover?

Stiltsville: A Novel (P.S.)

Homes in the middle of Biscayne Bay? I had no idea this was real. Stiltsville by Susanna Daniel is the latest book on my reading pile. I had to punt on Don't Breathe a Word by Jennifer McMahon. It was dragging a bit, so it's on hold until I go on vacation in a few weeks. I'm more than halfway through Stiltsville, and I'm still trying to figure out what is the hook? The woman in the book gets married, has a child, and lives a normal life. She's worried about money and empty-nest syndrome. A potential affair even surfaces. It just seems her problems are so normal. Where is the big drama? I'm so used to books where the main character has a big problem. This is another TLC Book Tour book. The review will be posted tomorrow. Stay tuned!
Trance of Insignificance, A Novel

Trance of Insignificance by Jennifer Rainville has also landed on my reading pile. Want a chance at the one who got away? Judging from that cover the main character in the book is longing for her long lost love. A review and Q&A with Jennifer Rainville will be posted on July 15. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment