Pages

Sunday, June 9, 2013

BEA Part 2: Let's walk the floor !!

I think I had a 20-page list of all the things I wanted to do at BookExpo America, but of course I didn't make it to all of them. The bulk of my agenda was taken up by author signings. I think I made it to a total of four or five panels. Why? It can take 30-60 minutes just to get off one line. Some people were a little more aggressive than I was. I understand getting to a signing 20 minutes before..........but I hear people were lining up for Richelle Mead an hour and a half prior. Say what?!?!?!?! Although, I think the in-booth signings and the autograph area signings were 100% more organized than last year. Less line skipping, less confusion, and designated waiting areas made this year's experience much better.

Since I spent 90% of my time standing in various lines, my BEA story will be told in photos. Enjoy!!

I swear that is Jim Carrey signing autographs. I just happened to be walking by. There were a lot of security guards shouting, "One picture and move!" Way to suck the cool vibes out of the atmosphere. I had to be quick and that blurry photo is the result.

Suzanne Young, left, and Cat Patrick were very, very nice. I have to read their book Just Like Fate soon. Now, my favorite part of every BEA recap....the books!!

The Valley of Amazement is Amy Tan's first book in about eight years, so I can't wait to read it. The Returned by Jason Mott is one of the buzz books. The concept, previously deceased people returning to their families, sounds great.

I had to stalk the Penguin booth to get an ARC of Terry McMillan's next book. I kept missing the giveaway times. I lucked out on the last day of BEA.

Joshilyn Jackson is one of my favorite authors. I was a little starstruck when I met her. She writes southern fiction.

Somebody Up There Hates You by Hollis Seamon is being compared to The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

It's safe to say it was really hard for me to restrain myself!!

More books. I thought about doing a video, but I think that would have taken too much time.

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos of your books. ENJOY them all.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews

    ReplyDelete