Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Upcoming reads: The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley

I read A LOT. I read every day. I am currently tackling a rather thick book in The Firebird by Susanna Kearsley. The Firebird is the July selection for She Reads. Normally, I would post my reviews for She Reads on the first Monday of the month, but I started the book a little late. It's more than 500 pages, and I'm hoping to be done by next week (fingers crossed!!). Instead I thought I post a little info about the book.

From the blurb:

Nicola Marter was born with a gift so rare and dangerous, she keeps it buried deep. When she encounters a desperate woman trying to sell a small wooden carving called "The Firebird," claiming it belonged to Russia's Empress Catherine, it's a problem. There's no proof.

But Nicola's held the object. She knows the woman is telling the truth.

It's very different from what I normally read. It sounds like it has some paranormal elements. I'm so used to contemporary stories, but once in a while it's good to get outside of that bubble. Stay tuned and happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment