Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Hop, Hop, Hop!!

Book Blogger Hop
Every week Jennifer at Crazy-for-Books (http://www.crazy-for-books.com/) hosts a blog hop. Put your link in, post a comment and you can discover a lot of great blogs. Make sure you leave a comment on the blogs you find it helps drive up traffic for my fellow book bloggers. The Hop lasts Friday-Monday every week. This week's question/task: How do you spread the word about your blog? I'm still learning. I started with Book Blogs Ning. From there I learned about different blog hops. I did general Google searches. I found out about BookExpo America and the Book Blogger Convention. I went to both of those events, and passed my business card everywhere. Days, weeks pass by and I've forgotten who I gave them to. But soon I had people coming to me asking for reviews. As much as I hate to admit it, Twitter has been a big help. I was anti-Twitter before I started my blog. But my mother said it will be a big helper. IT IS!! Twitter has helped me reach a bigger audience. I love what I'm doing. This is just the beginning.

I hope to develop a new feature called, "What's up Tweeps?" For now, it will be a monthly feature. I hope to make it weekly. I want more interaction with readers. It won't always be book-related. It could just be whatever nonsense question popped up in my head. The inaugural question is, "Why do you follow blogs?" Be honest. If you follow just for giveaways, say that. If it's for the content, say that. I want to group the responses in one post, so if you want to participate e-mail me at bookangel224@gmail.com. I will be taking entries until Oct. 15. Thanks for stopping by!!

Here are some blogs I came across:


Note: Now I'm going back to writing a review of Hush by Eishes Chayil. It will be up in a couple of hours, so please come back!!

14 comments:

  1. Hello! Visiting from the weekly Book Hop. Wonderful work you've done, here. Please stop by The Book Frog and have a look.

    Becky

    PS The Book Frog is on Facebook, too. LIKE us if you, um, like : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca: I took a look at your blog, and I will be back. After reading your recent post, I was surprised to learn that the WSJ is doing book reviews. That paper has always seemed kind of stiff to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy HOP!! Thought I'd come by and say hi and see what you're up to. I'll definitely be back to spend alittle more time. Happy reading :)

    Come HOP by my blog and visit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Already am a follower through GFC. Dropping by to say have a great weekend!! :)

    Cladestine Sanctuary

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to put a link to your Twitter in your sidebar! (unless I'm just missing it...) I can be a dork like that!

    And... there are Blogger conventions?!?! Where?! When?! OMG! I want to go!!!

    Check out my Blog Hop, Follow Friday and Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather: Yes there is a Blogger convention. Just google Book Blogger Convention. It's the top link on the search. It is worth it, if you can afford to come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping by to say hi! I really enjoyed reading your The Twin's Daughter book review, I've added it to my TBR list.

    If you'd like check out the 150 follower+ giveaway I am holding here
    !

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too was anti-twitter before I started the blog, I really wasn't even sure how it worked. Now I tweet all of the time! I use it a ton with the blog and really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am looking at your blogs.
    Scoot: My first couple of tweets were a little on the stupid side. But I think I've found my stride now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just hoppin' on by! <3

    I'm a horrible tweeter. I feel like I sound too transparent when I tweet, as if people will know I'm networking. So I just put up review links every so often and leave it untouched after that xD

    My hop :3
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  11. First-time visitor....cute header....just hopping by.

    Stop by my blog if you like:

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It took me some time, but I made it to all of your blogs and left a comment. Please come back. Happy reading everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopping through. I need to use Twitter more. I think the Hops and commenting are the best publicity. I love your review for Hush.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alison: Read Hush. It is told from a child's perspective up until adulthood. You see the progression in her feelings and observations. Twitter and Hops have been the best help for me.

    ReplyDelete