Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday morning covers

Up from the Blue: A NovelHush 

I've decided I can't keep reading Everything is Going to be Great by Rachel Shukert. I gave it more than 50-60 pages, I gave it 140 pages. It's not that Shukert is a bad writer, I just felt she was going in circles. Later this week I will explore it more in depth. I will also post a recap on my day at the Brooklyn Book Festival. I'm still engaged in The Twin's Daughter by Lauren Baratz-Logsted. I'm also starting two new books. The cover of Hush by Eishes Chayil is very mysterious with a hint of purity (if that makes sense). Those lips are telling someone to be quiet. They have to be quiet, but why? Can't wait to find out!

When I look at the cover of Up From the Blue by Susan Henderson, I think of innocence. Lost innocence by the child on the cover. At one point this child didn't have a care in the world, but what about now? I get that same since of youth and innocence from the trailer. The trailer starts out happy, but then music goes into a downward spiral. There was some kind of trauma in this child's life, but what?

1 comment:

  1. Grammar checking is very important for the accuracy and quality of the content. A perfect grammar checker ensures that your content is free from all grammatical errors. comma corrector

    ReplyDelete