Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

It's Monday, what's on the cover? (Distracted reader edition)

I didn't do one of these last because I wanted all of the attention on Banned Books Week. OK, lets get to the good stuff. What new books am I reading this week?


I have a copy of The Shattering by Karen Healey thanks to Faye from Little, Brown. I'm not sure whether or not to take that cover literally. What is this girl on the cover so shattered about? A peek at the book flap gives me a clue. The deaths of three young men have been ruled a suicide, but their sisters believe otherwise. They band together to find out the truth. Sounds pretty deep for a Young Adult novel. Lets see what happens.


Wherever You Go by Joan Leegant was brought to my attention by TLC Book Tours, but at the time I couldn't take part in the tour. I did put the book on my list, I figured one day I'll get to it. Things have a funny way of working themselves out. The author contacted me. Fortunately, I didn't have to put myself on a strict time schedule. The story is sent in Jerusalem. A woman travels there from New York to make amends with her sister. Everything on the cover seems so far away. A closer look and you can see an explosion on the cover. Could be a chance to learn a few things.

Now you might be asking why did I call this the distracted reader edition? Take a gander down below......

 

Yes, the arrival of fall TV has left me a bit distracted. Of course some of these shows have been on for several weeks, but there's even more during the fall season. Modern Family leaves me in stitches constantly. Three weeks in, I'm not sure what to make of Sarah Michelle Gellar's show Ringer. I'm not sure how this series can be sustained long term. I'm sad Desperate Housewives is coming to an end. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit just isn't the same without Chris Meloni. Sometimes I swear I'm going to give up the Real Housewives of New Jersey, but I get pulled back in all the time. I will never give up on Project Runway as long as Tim Gunn is on the show. I just discovered Chopped, and it makes my cooking skills feel so inadequate. And, finally The Good Wife. Julianna Margulies kicks ass on this show!! 

I have a DVR, but it gets quite full. I turn my attention to reading, and then I realize the DVR is filling up. Perhaps, if I gave up TV completely things would be a little different. But that's not happening any time soon. Hopefully, I get a daytime job soon and then my reading hours will change. How do the rest of you find a good balance?

No comments:

Post a Comment