Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Reading habits

I came across this list of questions at http://alwayswithabook.blogspot.com/ I thought it was interesting enough to give it a try.


Do you snack while you read? If so, favourite reading snack: Occasionally. It depends on the weather. Usually some chips or a popsicle if it's nice enough to read outside.
What is your favourite drink while reading? Can't go wrong with a cold glass of water. I'm pretty simple with that one.
Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you? I haven't marked up a book since college. Textbooks I have no problem marking, but a personal book I just couldn't do it.
How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open? Always with a bookmark. If I don't have one, then I'll resort to dog-ears.
Fiction, non-fiction, or both? Fiction most of the time, but if the person had an interesting life I will give a biography or a memoir a try.
Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere? If I'm sleepy I just have to stop where I'm at. But, if I'm not I like to finish to the end of the chapter.
Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you? No, but I will open my mouth in shock if I don't like a particular part of the book.
If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away? If I can't figure it out from the surrounding passage I will look it up.
What are you currently reading? Quicksand by Marilyn Randall and The Case of the Great Granny by Thomas Emmon Pisano.
What is the last book you bought? Picking Cotton by Jennifer Thompson-Cannino and Ronald Cotton. I saw them on Dr. Phil and just had to buy the book.
Are you the type of person that reads one book at a time, or can you read more than one? Two at a time is my limit. More than two books at a time and I start to get plots mixed up.
Do you have a favourite time/place to read? Whenever I have the time. Mostly it's just before bed.
Do you prefer series books or stand alones? I don't have a preference but most of the books are read are stand alones.
Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over? Jodi Picoult. If you're not moved by My Sister's Keeper I wouldn't understand. I hear the movie was a disappointment, but trust me the book is very moving. I had tears in my eyes by the ending.
How do you organize your books? (by genre, title, author's last name, etc.) Ha!!! There's is no organization for me. It's really a matter of putting the newest book on the neatest stack in my room!

2 comments:

  1. I just read your blog and really enjoyed all the above list. I too love to read. My blog is about my childhood memories, hope you check it out.
    Happy reading,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the story about cooking the eggs on the rock. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete