Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

What's on the cover?


The Secret Life of Sandrina M.

I had to give up on Exley by Brock Clarke. It was just too weird. I had no idea where it was going. If what was happening was even real. It just wasn't clear. A review of Under the Mercy Trees by Heather Newton will be posted on Tuesday. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver and Life by Keith Richards are rather long, so it will take some time to finish them. Stay tuned.

Now on to the business at hand, Monday is the day I discuss the covers of the books I'm reading. I'm starting two new books, the first is The Secret Life of Sandrina M. by Jessica Dee Rohm. A married woman falls in love with a mystery man she meets in Brazil. Perhaps that cover is a snapshot of her time in Brazil. It's a very relaxing snapshot, some place I'd like to visit.

The second book I'm starting, What My Best Friend Did by Lucy Dawson, has been described in the tradition of a certain movie .....



I remember when I saw this movie thinking who is that wackadoo trying to kill Bridget Fonda? She's a good actress, but I've never looked at Jennifer Jason Leigh the same again.

What My Best Friend Did: A Novel

I'm wondering if that's the psycho friend in the book trying to lure the good one to the bad side. Or is that the good friend trying to get away? The easiest guess is the friend committed murder. What else could it be? Can't wait to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment