Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Hey what's on the cover?


Girls Like Us: Fighting for a World Where Girls Are Not for Sale, an Activist Finds Her Calling and Heals Herself

It's been awhile since I read a memoir, so thanks to HarperCollins I have one. I'm about 50 pages into Girls Like Us by Rachel Lloyd. It's about Lloyd's own struggles and those of girls who have been trafficked in the sex industry. Lloyd has dedicated her adult life to helping girls rebuild their lives. Judging by that cover, it's easy to tell that his can happen to any woman. Notice how the women on that cover are of several racial backgrounds. It's a widespread problem and doesn't discriminate.

Note: A review of My One and Only by Kristan Higgins will be posted on Tuesday. Also, I'm looking for takers for my What's Up Tweeps?! feature. Here is April's question: Do you post negative book reviews? Why or why not? E-mail responses to bookangel224@gmail.com. Entries are open until April 21. If you have a question or topic that you would like to see discussed here, feel free to e-mail me. Who knows what we can come up with. Happy reading everyone !!

No comments:

Post a Comment