Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mini read-a-thon (attempt) !!


I'm off today, so I thought I would try a mini read-a-thon. I won't be reading the whole day. I'm a Mets fan and I'm currently engrossed in the doubleheader today. Which right now is making me want to pull my hair out!! Once that's over and I've eaten dinner, those books will be calling my name. Obviously, I'm not going to read all 11 books. What I really want to do is make a big dent in the bottom five books. I want to finish at least two because that's just half of my review pile. My trusty iPhone is keeping me on schedule. I have some more books from Algonquin that I want to get to by next month.

The aim is to see how much I can read from 8p.m.-3a.m. I've never done this before. I'm guessing I need to keep snacks handy. How many distractions will there be? The TV will be on, but only so I can hear the music on one of the Jazz stations. Most of the time I need some music while I read. At some point I will be tempted to check Twitter, Facebook and my blog. What about the blog hop??? Have to take time out for that right? I tend to get sleepy around 9:30, which is why I can never watch CSI live (DVR really comes in handy on Thursdays)! I will be taking notes on my progress. Should be fun!!
Note: I'm looking for takers for my What's Up Tweeps?! feature. Here is April's question: Do you post negative book reviews? Why or why not? E-mail responses to bookangel224@gmail.com. Entries are open until April 21. If you have a question or topic that you would like to see discussed here, feel free to e-mail me. Who knows what we can come up with. Happy reading everyone !!

No comments:

Post a Comment