Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Dear Hurricane Irene....

I know you are nothing to take light of. But I have a message for you......



I unfortunately have to work tonight. I actually have to leave pretty soon, especially if I want to get across one of the bridges in NYC before they close. Fortunately, the newspaper I work for is shelling out money for hotel rooms. Wherever you are be safe!!

And just a little side note: ABC interviewed some people at my local supermarket. How are people in my neighborhood preparing for Hurricane Irene? Buying candles? No. Buying water? No? How about batteries, milk, toilet paper or eggs? No, no, no, and no. They are buying....wait for it....CRAB LEGS!! Nothing says being prepared for a hurricane like a steaming pile of CRAB LEGS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment