Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

It's Monday, what's on the cover?


On first glance I missed the image on the cover of Sweetly by Jackson Pearce. My first impression was what a boring cover. But, a longer look revealed otherwise. That's a creepy-looking face framing that house. Kind of like a wicked witch. Perhaps she's trying to entice people to her house? Could be this is a retelling of Hansel and Gretel. I've never read anything by Jackson Pearce, but I follow her on Twitter and her YouTube channel. She has some funny things to say. I figured why not read her writing? Thanks to Faye at Little Brown for providing me with a copy. I'm aiming to finish it this week. Fingers crossed!!


Just from looking at the cover of After the Party by Lisa Jewell, I can tell this is a couple in crisis. They're not even looking at each other. They're drifting apart. Do they love each other? Did they once love each other? I'm only about two chapters in, so it's hard to tell all the details. But the prologue starts with a cliffhanger, so I have to read the rest to find out what happens!! This is a sequel to Ralph's Party, which I did not read. I'm not sure I needed to. You kinda get the gist of some things in the beginning. A review and Q&A with Lisa Jewell will be posted on Sept. 16. Happy reading everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment