Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

It's Monday, what's on the cover?

I've had a little lull in my reading pace. So it's time for me to pick it up. I've started several books. I also managed to finish two last week. So, it's Monday, what's on the cover?


Invisible by Hugues de Montalembert is small and compact. But....Wow!! This little book packed quite a punch. Hugues de Montalembert lost his sight in a random act of violence. How he lived his life after is at the heart of this book. Looking at the cover, I thought had this man become invisible as a result of his attack? I don't think so, but maybe others thought he did. A review will be posted shortly.


When She Woke by Hillary Jordan is modern-day retelling of The Scarlett Letter. The woman on the cover has been branded. In this dystopian society people are branded a particular color for their crimes. Murderers are branded red. The victim in this case is her unborn child. Interesting. I've never read The Scarlett Letter, but I can't wait to see where this book goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment